Is Xbox Series X shutting off randomly? You're not alone on this one as many people experience this too
In that case, it might be because of several things like overheating (caused by low ventilation), a software glitch in the operating system or an installed game, and an unstable power supply, to name a few.
However, this issue is very fixable and requires you to carefully follow some simple steps I have taken the time to put together in this guide. But before we get into these possible fixes, let's categorically look at the causes of this issue.
Your Xbox Series X might shut down randomly because of these situations.
Not ventilating or improper ventilation can make your Xbox series x console turn off randomly, as overheating is not suitable for the machine.
Another possible cause of your Xbox series X console randomly turning off would be an unstable power supply that keeps turning off the console unless handled/appropriately fixed.
A malfunctioning bug/glitch in the Xbox series operating system or the installed game in the console.
Of course, if any hardware component of a machine is faulty, it usually affects its overall functionality, like the Xbox series console.
To fix this issue, here are some possible fixes for you;
As discussed earlier, improper ventilation is one of the causes of this issue; in the process of using your console, if you see any message telling you your machine is not getting enough ventilation, do this;
- Step 1: Turn off your Xbox series x
- Step 2: Wait for at least a half-hour.
- Step 3: Place the console with at least 4 inches of clearance on all sides in a location with adequate airflow. Additionally, it's critical to check that nothing is obstructing its vents.
- Step 4: Now, turn on your Xbox.
For the Xbox to operate correctly, you must ensure it receives the proper voltage. Try connecting the console directly to the wall outlet if it is connected to a surge protector or extension cable.
Consider using an automatic voltage regulator to ensure that the console receives consistent power if you reside in a place where the electricity fluctuates.
The console's automatic shutdown setting may occasionally cause this issue. To resolve this problem, you only need to change this setting. Follow the settings below to have these;
- Step 1: Turn on the game console.
- Step 2: On your controller, press the Xbox button to reveal the user guide.
- Step 3: Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & startup
- Step 4: Select Don't turn off automatically from the Turn off after drop-down menu under Options.
You should reset the console to its original settings to rule out the possibility that the issue was brought on by a software problem or one of the games you loaded. To do this;
- Step 1: To open the guide, press the Xbox button.
- Step 2: Select Profile & system > Settings > System>Console info.
- Step 3:Choose Reset console.
- Step 4:There are three options on the Reset your console. Screen: choose the 'Reset and remove everything option.
Wait to install anything on the console when the Reset is finished. Check to see whether the problem is still occurring. You'll need to get the equipment serviced if that happens. Here, you can find out more details on servicing your Xbox.
Also Read: How to Fix Ps5 flashing/blinking Blue light
Your Xbox series x console might occasionally shut down because of no or improper ventilation, faulty hardware components or a glitch in either the operating system or an installed game.
I hope you found this guide helpful and finally got your device fixed. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section as we reply to each and every comment. Thanks for reading.